[Neutron] Neutron Scattering User Proposal Management Lead
Barker, Buffie M.
barkerbm at ornl.gov
Fri Feb 19 17:03:22 CET 2010
The Neutron Sciences Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) invites applications for a Neutron Scattering Science User Proposal Management Lead. With the world's highest flux reactor-based neutron source (the High Flux Isotope Reactor) and the world's most intense pulsed, accelerator-based neutron source (the Spallation Neutron Source), ORNL has become the world's foremost center for neutron science. Research at these facilities will encompass the physical, chemical, materials, biological, and medical sciences and will provide opportunities for up to 2000 researchers each year from industry, research facilities, and universities all over the world. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.
This position will lead, manage, and administer all aspects of the neutron scattering user proposal process including development, testing, and implementation of the Integrated Proposal Tracking System and related activities with other systems and data management and report generation.
* Oversees and delivers all aspects of the user proposal process including submission, review, beam time allocation, confirmation and team management, experiment validation, and data maintenance and reporting.
* Identifies enhancements and participates in defining future directions and process flow for integrated user management system modules.
* Extracts and evaluates data and generates reports, charts, and presentation materials. Develops, tracks, and reports trends and metrics.
* Writes communications, electronic bulletin boards, user guides, reference manuals, and help files.
* Assists customers, resolves issues, and ensures closure of outstanding actions.
* Documents, tracks, and maintains business rules and policy including system changes and communicates to customers.
* Facilitates advisory group comprised of customers to identify and test system and process enhancements.
* Prepares aids and conducts training for customer groups including instrument teams and user office staff.
* Interacts directly with customers including users to answer questions and resolve problems.
* Ensures compliance with training, environmental, safety, health, and quality programs including ISMS.
* Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
Successful candidate must have a Bachelors degree (technical discipline preferred) with a minimum of three years experience in research or research support or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Demonstrated ability to manage a project including definition and tracking of tasks, resources, and schedule required. Experience assessing needs and developing effective systems for information management and transfer required. Must have effective oral and written communications skills with customers including individuals and groups. Must have track record of working effectively in a team environment. Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products required. Familiarity with user program management and relational data based desired.
WORK DIRECTION AND INTERFACES:
Position reports to the Neutron Scattering Science User Group Leader. Works with members of the Neutron Scattering Science Division and other ORNL user facilities. Interfaces with users and instrument scientists. Collaborates with other ORNL facilities and the user community on education and training of users, promotion of DOE's user facilities and related sciences, and integrated user management system development. Works well as a team member leading when necessary, but also able to perform work independently with little guidance. Competent with database systems in a standard office environment.
To apply for this position: http://jobs.ornl.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron