[Neutron] Software Engineer
Barker, Buffie M.
barkerbm at ornl.gov
Fri Feb 19 17:32:25 CET 2010
The Neutron Sciences Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) invites applications for a Software Engineer. With the United States' highest flux reactor-based neutron source for condensed matter research (the High Flux Isotope Reactor) and the world's most intense pulsed, accelerator-based neutron source (the Spallation Neutron Source), ORNL is becoming the world's foremost center for neutron science. Research at these facilities encompasses the physical, chemical, materials, biological, and medical sciences and will provide opportunities for up to 2000 researchers each year from industry, research facilities, and universities all over the world. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.
This position will develop highly advanced multithreaded software for data acquisition.
* Develops DAS GUI's for automating acquisition during neutron scattering experiments.
* Writes software for use with high data rate data acquisition and detector electronics.
* Trains users on software use.
* As appropriate, publishes and represents SNS at conferences and/or workshops. Some domestic and/or foreign travel may be required to support collaborations or attend conferences or workshops.
* Ensures compliance with environmental, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
* Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
Successful candidate must have a Masters Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other engineering or scientific discipline and 5 years work experience or equivalent. Demonstrated in depth experience in the use of the WIN32/.NET language library and in the use of Visual Studio for programming C++ control applications. The successful candidate must work well with others, foresees and addresses communication needs, and takes initiative as necessary. Also works well independently to efficiently accomplish assigned tasks.
Experience at a neutron user facility. Experience developing acquisition related software using python for neutron scattering, X-Ray diffraction, or similar user community. Expertise in the development of applications using Labview. Experience with the benchmarking of networked computer systems. Doctoral degree.
To apply for this position: http://jobs.ornl.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron