[Neutron] International Summer School on " The Power of Neutron Techniques in Nano and Biosciences"
lythgoe at unizar.es
Fri Mar 12 16:51:41 CET 2010
We are pleased to inform you that we are organising an International Summer
School on The Power of Neutron Techniques in Nano and Biosciences which
will take place from Monday the 12th to Friday the 16th of July 2010, at
Jaca (Huesca), Spain.
The school aims to present the enormous potential that neutron techniques
provide for the resolution of scientific problems within Nano and
Biosciences covering a subject not normally included in PhD courses. The
University of Zaragoza officially recognizes the course.
The school will be organised in the form of successive sessions, addressing
the following topics:
· Basic concepts in neutron scattering
· Neutron sources and instrumentation
· State of the art in nano-science, trends and challenges
· New areas of interest; bionano-science
· Neutrons in Biology
· Surface functionalization; basic concepts
· Low angle neutron techniques applied to nano-science,
fundamentals, ferrofluids, magnetic nano-particles etc.
· Neutron reflectivity in nano-science; fundamentals, magnetic
multi-layers, copolymers, liquid crystals
· Neutron reflectivity techniques in biological membranes
· Dynamic processes in proteins, spin-echo techniques.
· Structure and dynamics of polymers, gels and colloids.
· Complementarity of neutrons and X-Ray.
There will also be practical sessions where students will learn to model
data using existing software available. Students will also have the
opportunity to present their work during Flash presentations.
Jaca is situated 160 km North of Zaragoza at the core of central Pyrenees
where it is considered to be an important tourist destination. The meeting
provides the opportunity to visit the region of Huesca which among many
other attractions includes the highest mountains of the Pyrenees.
For further information about the school and registration details please
We look forward to hearing from you, and will be delighted to answer any
questions you may have.
The Organizing Committee
Javier Campo, Fernando Palacio and Emma Lythgoe
Please feel free to distribute this information to your colleagues and
Facultad de Ciencias - Plaza San Francisco, s/n
Pedro Cerbuna 12, 50009 Zaragoza (España)
Tel: +34 976 76 1227
Fax: +34 976 76 1229
(1) http://www.jaca.com <http://www.jaca.com/> ,
 <http://www.jaca.com/> http://www.jaca.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron