[Neutron] Spin Echo Tutorial

Hernandez, Yamali yamali.hernondez at nist.gov
Wed Apr 28 19:38:50 CEST 2010

We are pleased to announce dates for the NCNR Spin Echo Tutorial.

The Neutron Spin Echo Tutorial is designed to give students an understanding of the type of information that can be obtained from neutron Spin Echo experiments. Following an introduction and a guide through a typical experiment, there will be talks that illustrate the types of spatial and temporal information that can be extracted from the experimental data. As examples, recent results of the application of neutron spin echo spectroscopy to the investigation of polymer dynamics, the collective motion of surfactant membrane in solutions, the motion of liquids in confined spaces, and the spin dynamics in frustrated magnets and spin glasses will be discussed.

The NSE Tutorial is designed to give students an understanding of the type of information that can be obtained from neutron spin echo experiments on Condensed Matter system using the spectrometer at the NIST Center for Neutron Research. Following an introduction and a guide through a typical experiment, there will be talks that illustrate the types of spatial and temporal information that can be extracted from the experimental data,

The date of the NSE tutorial is May 27, 2010 from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

We shall also review methods to reduce, analyze, and visualize data obtained using this instrument.

The date of the tutorial is May 27, 2010 from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

We will need to know by email (Yamali at nist.gov<mailto:Yamali at nist.gov>) that you would like to attend. The deadline to notify your attendance is May 17, 2010.

Since attendance will be limited, we encourage you to apply early. Once we have the list of attendees we will send a follow-up email with a list of those that have been accepted and information such as how to access the facility, what you will need to read before coming to the tutorial, and the tutorial schedule.

There is no registration fee, and no financial assistance will be provided.

Please feel free to tell your colleagues about this opportunity, indeed anyone who might benefit from attending the class.

The tutorial is sponsored in part by the National Science Foundation.

Yamali Hernandez
301-975-5295
yamali at nist.gov<mailto:yamali at nist.gov>