[Neutron] McStas 1.12b release

Peter Willendrup pkwi at risoe.dtu.dk
Thu Jul 15 20:05:15 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

The McStas developer team is happy to report that the 1.12b release of
our software is finally out.

You can get the installer packages from http://www.mcstas.org/download

McStas 1.12b is mostly a bugfix release, but some new components and example
instruments have been included. McStas 1.12b will be the VERY last release in
the 1.x series.

Part of the reason for McStas 1.12b and its late arrival is our delay in releasing the next
major version, McStas 2.0.

McStas 2.0 will be released late 2010 / early 2011 and will introduce new features that
could break ceartain backward compatibility, hence we move from the 1.x series. We are
also considering a replacement of the GUI and plotting tools for McStas 2.0.

For a complete list of changes in McStas 1.12b, see

http://www.mcstas.org/download/src/CHANGES

Best regards from

The core McStas team:

Peter Willendrup   (Risø DTU)
Erik Knudsen (Risø DTU)
Emmanuel Farhi     (ILL)
Uwe Filges (PSI)
Kim Lefmann        (NBI, Uni Copenhagen)

--
Peter Willendrup - Development engineer

RISØ DTU
Materials Research Division