[Neutron] Two Posdoc positions: Investigation of Multiferroic Materials
ulrich at phys.unsw.edu.au
Mon Mar 14 13:04:03 CET 2011
Two Posdoc positions: Investigation of Multiferroic Materials
We are looking for two motivated Research Associates to be based at the
University of New South Wales in Sydney (A/Prof C. Ulrich) and in
Canberra (Dr. A.M. Mulders) in conjunction with the new research reactor
OPAL at ANSTO, the Bragg Institute in Sydney (Dr. G. Mclntyre). The aim
of the project is the preparation and investigation of novel
multiferroic materials. The experimental techniques used will be various
neutron scattering techniques, elastic as well as inelastic, synchrotron
techniques, and Raman light scattering. The project involves also sample
preparation and characterization. Neutron scattering experiments will be
mainly carried out at the OPAL research reactor in Sydney.
Collaborate with an international team of scientists and perform state
of the art experimental research at the Bragg Institute and other
• Neutron diffraction to investigate structural and magnetic properties.
• lnelastic neutron scattering for the investigation of fundamental
• Use of complementary experimental methods (including magnetometry,
X-ray synchrotron methods, and Raman light scattering).
• Sample growth and characterization will be an essential part of the
• Data analysis, interpretation and publication of the experimental results.
• We are looking for candidates with PhD in Science and strong
backgrounds in condensed matter physics. Experience as a user of large
scale research facilities like neutron sources or synchrotrons, in Raman
light scattering, or in crystal growth would be an advantage.
• Interested in travel overseas for experiments, conferences or other
• Ability to work in an international team.
Salary Level A: $72k - $76k per year, plus superannuation and leave loading.
This is a full time position for a period of 2+1 years.
Online application through:
For further questions please contact:
A/Prof. Clemens Ulrich on (++61 2) 9385 7494 or ulrich at phys.unsw.edu.au
Dr. Annemieke Mulders on (++61 2) 6268 8884 or a.mulders at adfa.edu.au
Dr. Garry McIntyre on (++61 2) 9717 9334 or garry.mcintyre at ansto.gov.au
Applications close 7 April 2011
More information about the Neutron