[Neutron] Announcement "First Conference on Frontiers in Electronic Materials"

"Köppchen, Barbara" b.koeppchen at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 9 06:51:38 CET 2012

Dear Colleague,
Nature Materials and the Juelich-Aachen Research Alliance (JARA) are pleased to announce the first Conference on
Frontiers in Electronic Materials:
Correlation Effects and Memristive Phenomena
June 17-20, 2012, Eurogress Aachen, Aachen, Germany
The Nature Publishing Group is distinguished by its scientific excellence, breadth of coverage, timeliness of topics, and commitment to clear scientific communication. In keeping with this tradition, Nature conferences are aimed at the international scientific community, with the goal of fostering and facilitating communication and collaboration between scientists.
Apart from correlation effects (magnetic, spintronic, superconducting, charge-ordering effects) and memristive effects (phase-change, redox-based, nanoionic effects), a multitude of phenomena in electronic oxides, higher chalcogenides, and other inorganic material systems are covered by our conference, such as ferroelectric, piezoelectric, flexoelectric, and multiferroic material systems as well as superionic conductors, thermoelectrics, photovoltaics, and artificial photosynthesis for energy conversion. Furthermore, the conference comprises advanced characterization techniques (neutron scattering, spectroscopy, electron microscopy, scanning probe methods, etc.) as well as theory and modeling.
Following the format of the Nature Conferences, an emphasis will be placed on few invited keynote talks. In addition, there will be the opportunity for further academic exchange between participants during Nanosessions, which integrate posters, brief oral presentations, and stimulating discussions in small groups.
Let me tell you more about the Nanosessions as a new format:

1.      A Nanosession will integrate posters, brief oral presentations, and small group discussions. There will be approximately 10 to 20 people attending each Nanosession.

2.      A Nanosession will be started by an Invited Kick-Off talk of 20 min (including 5 min of discussion), followed by oral presentation of (four to six) posters of 10 min (including 3 min of discussion). At the end, there will be another 20 min time for general discussions. The Nanosession will be guided by a session chairperson.

3.      The invitation for the Kick-Off talk will be made on the basis of the submissions.

4.      A screen (plus a laptop on request) will be available for the presentations.

5.      The Nanosessions are scheduled in the afternoon of the 2nd day (June 18th) and 3rd day (June 19th) for 1.5 h to 2 h. They will be followed by regular poster sessions.
We plan to have approx. 20 to 25 Nanosessions every day. If the number of contribution allow, Nanosessions on the same topic will be spread over the two days in order to maximize the chance to participate in Nanosessions of favorite topics.
We cordially invite you to this conference and to submit abstracts for our nanosessions (until March 15). Please coordinate with colleagues in order to create your own nanonession. Please visit our web site at www.nature.com/natureconferences<http://www.nature.com/natureconferences> which will provide more information. To stay informed please send an email to fem2012 at iwe.rwth-aachen.de<mailto:fem2012 at iwe.rwth-aachen.de> .
Frequently we are asked if there will be Proceedings of this conference. As a general rule of NATURE conferences, there are no proceedings. However, there will be a technical digest published by Wiley-VCH which contains the extended abstracts, will be listed in all catalogues and, therefore, can be fully cited.
We are looking forward to welcome you in Aachen!

With kind regards,

Thomas Brueckel,
on behalf of the Organizers

========================
Barbara Koeppchen
Sekretariat Prof. Dr. Thomas Brueckel
Juelich Centre for Neutron Science JCNS und Peter Gruenberg Institut PGI
JCNS-2, PGI-4: Streumethoden
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 JUELICH
DEUTSCHLAND