[Neutron] DEADLINE TODAY: Workshop on Building an Advanced Center for Data and Computing for ESS

Heloisa N. Bordallo bordallo at nbi.ku.dk
Fri Aug 31 10:08:18 CEST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to invite you to participate on the workshop entitled
Building an Advanced Center for Data and Computing for ESS that will  take
place on September 17 and 18, 2012 at The Niels Bohr International
Academy in Copenhagen.

This workshop brings together experts from different fields with the
intent in reviewing and discussing the development of a theoretical and
computational modeling infrastructure that is relevant to the diverse
scientific community that will use ESS. Our aim is to use this workshop
as an input to our planning so that once the first experiments are made,
ESS and its users are prepared to harness the most out of the scientific
potential of their data.

The high intensity spallation neutron source ESS is well set to start
construction in 2013 and to deliver first neutrons in 2019. After about
20 years of discussions, the determination of the user community and
those working in national and international neutron laboratories in
Europe is going to turn the project into reality!

Now it is time to start getting ready to harness the scientific  potential
of ESS. In recent years it has been realized that the  combination of
simulations of physical systems together with neutron
scattering data, is an immensely powerful in various key areas of modern
research; the glass transition in soft matter, the relaxation phenomena
in biomolecules, high temperature superconductivity, chemistry of
concrete, protein dynamics and function, to name a few examples.

We hope to come out of the meeting with innovative and enthusiastic  ideas
leading to new and successful collaborations.

For details and registration please check the following link:

https://indico.nbi.ku.dk/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=456

There is no charge for participation. Deadline for registration is  August
31st.

Looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen!

Heloisa N. Bordallo (bordallo at nbi.ku.dk)
Robert Feidenhans'l (robert at nbi.ku.dk)
Dimitri Argyriou (dimitri.argyriou at esss.se)

--