[Neutron] Abstract deadline extended to June 30: International Conference on Polarised Neutrons for Condensed Matter Investigations (PNCMI 2014), September 15-19, Sydney, Australia. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

LEE, Wai Tung wtl at ansto.gov.au
Tue Jun 10 16:18:00 CEST 2014

Dear colleagues,

The abstract deadline of the next International Conference on Polarised Neutrons for Condensed Matter Investigation (PNCMI) has been extended to 30 June. The conference will be held on September 15-19, 2014 in Sydney, Australia (http://www.ansto.gov.au/Events/PNCMI2014). To submit an abstract, please use the template downloaded from our web site (http://www.ansto.gov.au/Events/PNCMI2014/Abstracts/index.htm) and email it to PNCMI2014 at ansto.gov.au<mailto:PNCMI2014 at ansto.gov.au>

The conference is organised by the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO). At ANSTO, we are deploying neutron polarisation analysis capabilities for user research on our suit of instruments (http://www.ansto.gov.au/AboutANSTO/News/ACS048756). This includes diffractometer WOMBAT, spectrometers PELICAN, SIKA, TAIPAN, reflectometer PLATYPUS, SANS QUOKKA, and imagining station DINGO. This progress is enabled by a recent successful commissioning of a polarised Helium-3 station (http://www.ansto.gov.au/AboutANSTO/News/ACS048613).

PNCMI is the most comprehensive conference on the latest scientific research using polarised neutrons and on related instrumentation development. The topics include

*         Multiferroic and Chirality

*         Strongly correlated electron systems, including superconductors

*         Frustrated and disordered systems

*         Magnetic nanomaterials

*         Molecular magnetism

*         Thin films and multilayers

*         Soft matter and biology

*         Imaging

*         Instrumentation and methods, including nuclear polarisation, Larmor techniques, and depolarisation method

*         Complementary techniques (NMR, XMCD, ...)

*         Neutron scattering facility reports

The following is a list of the confirmed invited speakers:

Michael Baker (New York University)

Rafik Ballou (Institut Néel)

Wangchun Chen (NIST)

David Cortie (University of British Columbia)

Sabrina Disch (Universität zu Köln)

Georg Ehlers (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)

Bela Farago (Institut Laue-Langevin)

Klaus Habicht (Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin)

Raphael Hermann (University of Liège)

Arwel Hughes (ISIS)

Alexander Ioffe (Forschungszentrum Jülich)

Kazuhisa Kakurai (Japan Atomic Energy Agency)

Ferhat Katmis (MIT)

Shane Kennedy (ANSTO)

Valeria Lauter (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)

Yuntao Liu (China Advanced Research Reactor)

Takayuki Oku (J-Parc)

Kenji Ohoyama (Tohoku University)

Steve Parnell (University of Indiana)

Fengjiao Qian (TU-Delft)

William Ratcliff (NIST)

Michael Schulz (TU-Munich)

Takenao Shinohara (J-Parc)

Ross Stewart (ISIS)

Xin Tong (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)

Shuichi Wakimoto (J-Parc)

Tao Zhu (Chinese Academy of Science)

We look forward to welcome you to Sydney to participate in PNCMI conference this September!

Hal Lee

Chair, PNCMI 2014

Organising Committee

Elliott Gilbert