[Neutron] ORNL: Administrative Assistant
Levesque, Cerissa J.
levesquecj at ornl.gov
Thu Sep 11 20:11:42 CEST 2014
Job Posting Title
End Posting Date
The Neutron Sciences Directorate (NScD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) operates the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR), the United States' highest flux reactor based neutron source, and the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS), the world's most intense pulsed accelerator based neutron source. Together these facilities operate 30 instruments for neutron scattering research, each year carrying out in excess of 1,000 experiments in the physical, chemical, materials, biological and medical sciences. HFIR also provides unique facilities for isotope production and neutron irradiation. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.<http://neutrons.ornl.gov/>
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant supporting the Accelerator Physics, Beam Instrumentation & Ion Source Group in the Research Accelerator Division is responsible for performing a full range of administrative functions in support of business needs to relieve group leader and team leaders of administrative details. Functions include managing information flow and communications with external and internal contacts; preparing a variety of written materials according to company policy and guidelines; establishing and managing records systems; assuring compliance with office procedures and guidelines; establishing priorities and resolving scheduling of personnel, conference rooms, vehicles, and other resources. Position requires arranging foreign and domestic travel for staff and preparation of purchase requisitions to request materials and services. Successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the following experience, attributes, and abilities. Demonstrated ability to:
- Set priorities appropriately to accomplish multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Provide professional demeanor and presence (internal and external) to promote a business-like environment.
- Demonstrated concern for people and experience dealing with diverse personalities and backgrounds in a multi-level, scientific environment.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, safety, health and quality programs.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of professional values and ethics.
- Prepare and process electronic forms and using ORNL Administrative systems such as TravX, Marketplace, Smart
Services, PALS, SAP, etc.
- Prepare foreign and domestic travel requests including obtaining approval, obtaining visas (or other required documentation), reservations, and expense settlements.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for materials and services.
- Schedule SNS Facility Tours, coordinate guides, and log tours on sharepoint calendar.
- Enter PAS requests for the group and/or division.
- Provide back-up support to the Division Admin and/or other group admins.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings or special events and maintain Outlook calendars.
- Serve as the group's Division Training Officer to register current, new, and subcontractor employees for required training.
- Maintain consistent work schedule during core hours to meet needs of staff.
- Provide phone coverage.
- Assist the group leader with other duties as needed.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
A High School diploma with a minimum of five years relevant administrative support experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required. Requires administrative office proficiency gained through several years of experience. Proficiency in office computer systems to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Must also have good communication skills (verbal and written), including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading. Candidate must be proactive, have a good attitude, and be a team player. Candidate must have a strong work ethic and proven ability to consistently and positively deliver quality work and ideas in a high-paced and dynamic work environment.
Qualifications Preferred: Administrative experience at SNS.
Proficiency using the following ORNL systems:
- SAP (information and transactions).
- PAS (process visit passes or assignments for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens and guests).
- SmartServices (create subcontracts, staffing requests, or task authorizations).
- Marketplace (order supplies through purchase orders and purchase requisitions).
- PALS (input work and absence hours).
- PTS (document clearances and approvals).
- Travel Reservation System, Conference Planning Tool, and TravX (complete conference attendance plans, travel reservations, and reconcile expenses).
- ePROP (Property Management System).
- UCAMS (request/change access to ORNL computer systems).
- FTMS (foreign travel management system -- search or create a foreign trip request).
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word(.doc, .docx), Excel(.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint(.ppt, .pptx), Adobe(.pdf), Rich Text Format(.rtf), HTML(.htm,
.hmtl) and text files(.txt) up to 2MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov.<mailto:ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov>
Notice: If the position requires a Security Clearance, reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10
CFR 707.4 will be conducted by the employer and a background investigation by the Federal government may be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment and subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, a counterintelligence evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron