[Neutron] Reminder: Fourth Niels Bohr International Academy Meeting on ESS Science

Heloisa N. Bordallo bordallo at nbi.ku.dk
Wed Oct 1 11:14:43 CEST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

The deadline for registration to the Fourth Niels Bohr International
Academy Meeting on ESS Science will be held November 10 - November 14,
2014 at the Niels Bohr International Academy in Copenhagen is approaching.

There is no fee for the participants, but attendance will be limited. As
in the previous years we will offer lunches, conference dinner and
excursion free of charge. We also offer stipends for PhD students
(travel support up to 150 EUR, free accommodation, lunches and social
program). As the school is part of the official program of the PhD
international program at Copenhagen University, the course is worth 5
ECTS points.

The main focus of the 2014 workshop-school will be the combination of
elastic and inelastic scattering methods, such as reflectometry,
quasielastic and inelastic neutron scattering ( QENS and INS) to gain
detailed understanding of relationships between structural and dynamic
properties and thus ultimately the function of diverse materials. The
needs and interests of students with different backgrounds will be
addressed with discussion on the use of these experimental methods in
soft matter and magnetism. Results of studies using polarized neutron
reflectometry (PNR), INS and inelastic X-rays scattering (INX) will be
at the core of those tutorials.

Detailed information as well as the registration form are available at
https://indico.nbi.ku.dk/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=712

Confirmed Speakers:

Jens Als-Nielsen (NBI, Denmark)

Dimitri N. Argyriou (ESS, Sweden)

Heloisa N. Bordallo (NBI, Denmark)

Niels Bech Christensen (DTU, Denmark)

Stuart M. Clarke (University of Cambridge, UK )

Juergen Eckert (University of South Florida, USA)

Michael Fitzsimmons (Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA)

Henrich Frielinghaus (JCNS, Germany)

Jason Gardner (Science Park Taiwan, ROC)

Himanshu Khandelia (University of Southern Denmark, Denmark)

Virginie Marry (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France)

Des McMorrow (University of London, UK)

Thomas Schøder (Roskilde University, Denmark)

Neal Skipper (UCL, UK)

Mark Telling (ISIS, UK)

Robert K Thomas (University of Oxford, UK)

Hanna Wacklin (ESS, Sweden)

Eugen Weschke (HZB, Germany)

Organizers: Heloisa N. Bordallo (bordallo at nbi.ku.dk), Hanna Wacklin
(hanna.wacklin at esss.se) and Juergen Eckert (juergen at usf.edu).
Local Support: Gitte Michelsen (gittem at fys.ku.dk) and Helle Kiilerich
(helle at nbi.dk).
*
*
Please also help me spreading the invitation! *Conference poster attached.*

Best regards