[Neutron] ORNL: Component Fabrication Engineer-NB50456658
Levesque, Cerissa J.
levesquecj at ornl.gov
Fri Oct 31 19:16:51 CET 2014
Job Posting Title
Component Fabrication Engineer-NB50456658
End Posting Date
The Neutron Sciences Directorate (NScD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) operates the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR), the United States' highest flux reactor based neutron source, and the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS), the world's most intense pulsed accelerator based neutron source. Together these facilities operate 30 instruments for neutron scattering research, each year carrying out in excess of 1,000 experiments in the physical, chemical, materials, biological and medical sciences. HFIR also provides unique facilities for isotope production and neutron irradiation. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.<http://neutrons.ornl.gov/>
The Component Fabrication Engineer will work closely with engineers and QA support staff within the Compliance, Fabrication, and QA (CFQA) Group and the Instrument & Source Division (ISD) to oversee and manage engineering procurements for specialized, high-rigor components fabricated to support operation of the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS). The Component Fabrication Engineer will act as the Technical Project Officer (TPO), where appropriate, and act as the vendor interface at SNS.
* Oversees and manages the procurement and fabrication of specialized, high-rigor components fabricated to support operation of the SNS, acting as the TPO and vendor interface.
* Ensures that manufacturing packages meet the requirements of the ISD QA plan.
* Ensures documentation and engineering drawings of manufactured components are completed and placed under configuration management in conjunction with design engineering personnel.
* Provides design support and drawing review to enhance component manufacturability.
* Monitors and tracks vendor manufacturing plans/progress, identifies issues in a timely manner to design engineering personnel and the CFQA Group manager, and provides support for issue resolution.
* Works with vendors and appropriate personnel to develop testing and inspection plans.
* Coordinates shipment of material and equipment to and from vendors as required to support fabrication and testing activities.
* In conjunction with QA personnel, visits vendors to witness testing and perform source inspections.
* In conjunction with QA and design engineering personnel, ensures that nonconformance and deviations are documented and resolved.
* Compiles weekly and monthly reports as required.
* Complies with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
* Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of organizational values and ethics.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, with at least 5 years' experience in the manufacture and testing of complex equipment. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. Must have an excellent understanding of machining and fabrication practices (including welding and inspection techniques) coupled with a sound understanding of the design engineering of complex components. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, with at least 10 years' experience in the manufacture and testing of complex equipment is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with [please insert attributes that are highly desired, but not absolutely required. Think of this section as a "fine filter" for your candidate pool. Prior experience applying requirements for QA inspections/documentation and design control at a particle accelerator or nuclear facility is highly desired.
Work Directions and Interfaces
Reports to CFQA Group manager. Schedules, assigns and directs the tasks of QA support within and outside of the group. Interfaces with vendors, engineering personnel within ISD and the SNS project.
Measures of Effectiveness
Provides work direction to group members within guidelines established by the CFQA Group manager. Approves manufacturing plan milestones and hold points as agreed by engineering and QA personnel
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word(.doc, .docx), Excel(.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint(.ppt, .pptx), Adobe(.pdf), Rich Text Format(.rtf), HTML(.htm,
.hmtl) and text files(.txt) up to 2MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov.<mailto:ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov>
Notice: If the position requires a Security Clearance, reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10
CFR 707.4 will be conducted by the employer and a background investigation by the Federal government may be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment and subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, a counterintelligence evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron