[Neutron] Announcing BornAgain 1.0: a software to simulate and fit small-angle scattering at grazing incidence

Joachim Wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Thu Feb 5 12:20:31 CET 2015

The Scientific Computing Group of MLZ Garching announces release 1.0
of BornAgain, a free and open-source software package to simulate
and fit small-angle scattering at grazing-incidence.

BornAgain uses Distorted Wave Born Approximation (DWBA) to compute
scattering images for X-ray or neutron scattering (GISAXS, GISANS).
Polarized neutrons are also supported. Samples can be composed of
arbitrarily complex multilayers with smooth or rough interfaces,
and with various types of embedded nanoparticles.

BornAgain is a multi-platform software, with active support for
Windows, MacOS and Linux. Simulations and fits can be controlled
through Python scripts. A growing part of the functionality is
also available through a Graphical User Interface.

Our group is committed to provide long-time support for BornAgain.
We are looking forward to user feedback. We will also be glad to
discuss scientific collaborations if extensions of BornAgain are
needed to meet special requests.

If you wish to receive further newsletters, please register at
our new website http://www.bornagainproject.org.

The BornAgain team

Céline Durniak
Marina Ganeva
Gennady Pospelov
Walter Van Herck
Joachim Wuttke

Scientific Computing Group
Jülich Centre for Neutron Science (JCNS)
at Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum Garching (MLZ)
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH

e-mail: contact at bornagainproject.org
web:    http://www.bornagainproject.org