[Neutron] PSI open position for a "Beamline Scientist / Project Leader" - for the ODIN neutron imaging station at the European Spallation Source (ESS)

Useroffice (PSI) useroffice at psi.ch
Wed Jul 29 09:14:29 CEST 2015

The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research centre for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 1900 people.

We are looking for a:

Beamline Scientist / Project Leader - for the ODIN neutron imaging station at ESS

Your tasks:
You manage the Swiss contributions of the joint German/Swiss project for a beamline at ESS in Lund (Sweden) for the imaging with neutrons. This world-leading and unique facility will be built in cooperation with experts from Technical University München (Germany) and has to be coordinated with the instrumentation teams at ESS. The major components to be designed and installed are the neutron guide system and the experimental end station.

Your profile:
You have a PhD degree in physics, material science or nuclear technology. Experience in neutron research, the creation and implementation of larger research facilities and their usage are essential. You enjoy working in a multi-national team and at a European large scale facility. For this reason, a high level of communication is required and travel will be part of your activities.

We offer:
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.

Your employment contract is limited to 3 years with the aim for a long-term affiliation at the ESS.

For further information please contact Dr Eberhard Lehmann, phone +41 56 310 29 63.

Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Beamline Scientist / Project Leader (index no. 3304-00) here: http://www.psi.ch/pa/offenestellen/1106<http://www.psi.ch/pa/offenestellen/1102>

Paul Scherrer Institute, Human Resources Management, Sabine Mier, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
http://www.psi.ch