[Neutron] RMCProfile Workshop at the SNS: February 10-12, 2016

Page, Katharine L. pagekl at ornl.gov
Mon Dec 7 21:36:42 CET 2015

Dear Powder Diffraction and Total Scattering User Communities,

We are excited to announce the upcoming RMCProfile Workshop at the Spallation Neutron Source, February 10-12, 2016.  Please see the attached flier for details.  Half of the workshop will be focused on providing hands-on training with RMCProfile software, with the balance focused on providing a technical foundation and highlighting exemplary work in the community. The final day of the workshop will interface participants with a panel of experts focused on defining challenges and future directions.  We are aiming to attract graduate students, postdoctoral associates, and early career scientists to the tutorial, science, and panel portions of the program, as well as more senior experts for the science and panel portions.

We will select 30 participants for the tutorial portion of the workshop.  Selected applicants will be notified on or before December 21.  Go to https://conference.sns.gov/event/4 and register by selecting ‘Apply Now’.  Kindly indicate what parts of the workshop you are interested in (and why) under the “Reason for Participation” portion of the application.  We are also providing an opportunity for attendees to present relevant work and/or future challenges in the form of short talks or posters: we encourage you to provide a tentative title in the “Poster/Talk Title” portion. There is no registration fee, meals will be provided, and government rate and room-sharing options will be offered at our guest house.  Unfortunately we cannot provide travel support to attend this workshop.

Please let us know if you have questions or comments.  We are looking forward to hosting you in Oak Ridge!

Sincerely,
Katharine Page, Igor Levin, and Matthew Tucker

*********************************************​
Katharine Page
Instrument Scientist, Diffraction Group
Chemical and Engineering Materials Division
Neutron Sciences Directorate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

1 Bethel Valley Road
Bldg. 8600, Room B-459, Mailstop 6475