[Neutron] New Job - Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH - Technical Project Manager - reference numer 2015-299

Goettert, Eileen Eileen.Goettert at hecona.de
Thu Jan 28 11:56:00 CET 2016

Hello Sir/Madame,
following you will find the advertisement from our Costumer Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH.
Please apply only online<http://www.fz-juelich.de/SharedDocs/Stellenangebote/_common/dna/2015-299-EN-JCNS-1.html?nn=363560> via our online recruitment system: http://www.fz-juelich.de/SharedDocs/Stellenangebote/_common/dna/2015-299-EN-JCNS-1.html?nn=363560.

Forschungszentrum Jülich pursues cutting-edge interdisciplinary research on the pressing issues of our time and undertakes a multitude of tasks in the area of research management. It helps to solve the grand challenges facing society in the fields of energy and environment as well as information and the brain. With more than 5,700 employees, Jülich - a member of the Helmholtz Association - is one of the large interdisciplinary research centres in Europe.
The construction of the new European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden has entered a new phase. The BrightnESS project is designed to ensure that key challenges are met in order to build an ESS that can deliver high-impact scientific and technological knowledge. The Jülich Centre for Neutron Science (JCNS) assumes the project management for the central regional hub (Germany, Switzerland and Czech Republic) inside BrightnESS.
For the BrightnESS project we are looking to recruit a

Technical Project Manager

Your Job:

 *   Manage all tasks associated with the BrightnESS project for the central regional hub
 *   Perform risk monitoring and quality control to ensure the timely delivery of the in-kind contributions of Germany, Switzerland and Czech Republic to ESS
 *   Coordinate the reporting between the central regional hub's partners and ESS headquarters
 *   Organize and moderate meetings to promote continuous knowledge transfer between all parties

Your Profile:

 *   Master's degree, preferably in industrial or mechanical engineering
 *   Experience in managing a large budget project
 *   Ability to lead a colloboration between many international partners
 *   Strong organizational skills
 *   Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international team
 *   Interest in challenging scientific and technical projects
 *   Very good command of spoken and written English
 *   Initiative and flexibility
 *   Willingness to travel frequently within Europe

Our Offer:

 *   Fascinating job opportunity in close cooperation with the ESS, one of the largest science and technology infrastructure projects being built in Europe today
 *   Challenging and varied work in an interdisciplinary and international team
 *   Limited contract for 3 years with possible longer-term prospects
 *   Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
 *   Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD). Depending on the applicant's qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks, salary grade 13 TVöD-Bund.
Place of employment: Juelich
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particulary welcomes applications from women.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online<http://www.fz-juelich.de/SharedDocs/Stellenangebote/_common/dna/2015-299-EN-JCNS-1.html?nn=363560> via our online recruitment system (http://www.fz-juelich.de/SharedDocs/Stellenangebote/_common/dna/2015-299-EN-JCNS-1.html?nn=363560) until 8.02.2016, quoting the reference number 2015-299.
Contact at Human Resource Development:
Barbara Kranen
Phone: 02461 61-9700
www.fz-juelich.de<http://www.fz-juelich.de>