[Neutron] Invitation to attend "50 Years of Neutron Backscattering Spectroscopy" and call for abstracts

Neutron-backscattering workshop at frm2.tum.de
Mon Apr 18 15:40:25 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

This year marks 50 years since Heinz Maier-Leibnitz proposed the idea of
neutron backscattering for achieving high energy resolution in neutron
spectroscopy.
To celebrate the scientific achievements using this technique, we will
be holding an international workshop at the research campus of Garching
near Munich on  2nd and 3rd September 2016.
This workshop is hosted by the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum (MLZ) and
jointly organized by ILL, ISIS and MLZ.

We are very pleased to inform you that numerous renowned scientists in
the field have accepted our invitation to contribute to this event.
For more detailed information, please see our tentative program on
<https://webapps.frm2.tum.de/indico/event/30/timetable/#all.detailed>.

Since there are still slots for contributed talks in addition to
posters,  we warmly encourage interested colleagues to share both recent
experiments and new concepts using the neutron backscattering technique
and to submit their abstracts.

We look forward to your contributions and to welcoming you at the
workshop -

Best wishes,

Bernhard Frick (ILL) - Victoria Garcia-Sakai (ISIS)
Winfried Petry - Thomas Brückel (MLZ)

--
"50 Years of Neutron Backscattering Spectroscopy"

Workshop taking place in at the research campus in Garching near Munich/Germany
on 2 and 3 September 2016.

www.mlz-garching.de/50-years-of-backscattering

Organizers:

Dr. Bernhard Frick, ILL
Dr. Victoria Garcia-Sakai, ISIS
Prof. Dr. Thomas Brückel, MLZ
Prof. Dr. Winfried Petry, MLZ

For administrative matters please contact:
Elisabeth Jörg-Müller, MLZ
phone: +49(0)89 289 14966
<workshop at frm2.tum.de>