[Neutron] NCNR CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Hernandez, Yamali (Fed)
yamali.hernandez at nist.gov
Fri Sep 9 20:19:49 CEST 2016
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
You are invited to apply for time on the neutron beam instruments at the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR). Due to facility maintenance about ¾ of the usual time given through proposals will be allocated in this proposal round.
The deadline for all proposals is Thursday, September 22, 2016.
For details, please see our Web pages: http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/call/current_call.html.
* To submit a proposal, you must have an account, or create one, on the NCNR Information Management System (NCNR-IMS). https://www-s.nist.gov/NCNR-IMS/login.do
* The description of research section must be uploaded as a pdf file no longer than 3 letter-size pages, nor more than 1500 kb in file size. Note the Tips on Proposal Writing section in the proposal instructions.
* Please complete the Submit Visitor Registration Form NOW if you intend to submit a proposal and subsequently visit the NCNR. https://www.ncnr.nist.gov/visitor/index.html
* We encourage users to work with an appropriate instrument scientist when writing proposals and planning experiments as they are happy to assist you. They will also help you register and submit a proposal.
Instruments being offered in the current call for proposals are:
--Instruments supported by the Center for High Resolution Neutron Scattering<http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/programs/CHRNS/>
· Small Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument (SANS) - 30 m (NGB)
· Ultra-Small Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument (USANS)
· High-Flux Backscattering Spectrometer (HFBS)
· Neutron Spin-Echo Spectrometer (NSE)
· Multi-Angle Crystal Spectrometer (MACS)
· Thermal Neutron Triple-Axis with Polarized Beam Option (BT7)
· Small Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) - 30 m (NG7)
· MAGIK Off-Specular Reflectometer (MAGIK)
· Polarized Beam Reflectometer (PBR)
· Neutron Imaging Facility (NIF)
· Powder Diffractometer (BT1)
Instruments NOT offered this proposal round:
· The Disk-Chopper Spectrometer (DCS) is currently out of service due to a chopper failure. Depending on the duration of the repair, some time may be made available at a later date. If you are interested in receiving updates about the status of DCS, please send an email to yamali at nist.gov<mailto:yamali at nist.gov>.
yamali at nist.gov<mailto:yamali at nist.gov>
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS IS Thursday, September 22, 2016.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron