[Neutron] ORNL: RF Systems Lead - Proton Power Upgrade / NB50645185
davidsonld at ornl.gov
Mon Nov 6 23:39:32 CET 2017
Job Posting Title
RF Systems Lead - Proton Power Upgrade / NB50645185
End Posting Date
The Radio-Frequency (RF) Systems Manager will serve as the Level 2 manager for the Proton Power Upgrade (PPU) Project
within the Neutron Sciences Directorate. Additionally, this matrixed position will have operational responsibilities within the
Electrical and RF Systems Group.
* Serve as the Level 2 manager for RF Systems within the Proton Power Upgrade Project, reporting to the PPU Project
Director. Project responsibilities to include:
- technical integration of the RF Systems scope of work
- management of Level 3 project managers
- development of cost and schedule estimates
- maintenance and follow-up of risk register and action items from reviews
- presentation of RF Systems scope in reviews (Advisory, Dept. of Energy, and Readiness)
* Serve as Project Engineer within the Electrical and RF Systems Group
* Ensure compliance with environmental, safety, health and quality program requirements
* Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values, ethics, and diversity
* M.S. degree in Engineering or Physics
* Expertise in the design, deployment and operation of particle accelerator technologies
* Experience executing Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Science, projects
* Demonstrated success working in a team environment
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Familiarity with DOE Order 413.3B, "Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets"
* Expertise in one or more of the following areas: RF power systems, klystrons, low-level RF controls, high-voltage pulsed
power, magnet power supplies, and A/C power conversion and distribution
Work Directions and Interfaces
* Reports to the PPU Project Director (matrix management)
* Reports to the Electrical and RF Systems Group Leader (line management)
* Interfaces with Electrical and RF Systems Group members, NScD staff, ORNL business services, professional peers from
non-ORNL institutions, vendors and visitors
* Represents the PPU Project and the Electrical and RF Systems Group within ORNL and at professional conferences,
workshops, and collaboration meetings
Provides work direction to PPU Level 3 managers, technical staff and subcontractors within guidelines established by the
PPU Project Director and the Electrical and RF Systems Group Leader
Measures of Effectiveness
* Success in the fulfillment of all major duties and responsibilities
* Success as measured by the ORNL Employee Performance Management process
* Safe execution of all responsibilities in accordance with ORNL ES&H requirements
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or
We accept Word(.doc, .docx), Excel(.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint(.ppt, .pptx), Adobe(.pdf), Rich Text Format(.rtf), HTML(.htm,
.hmtl) and text files(.txt) up to 2MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be
deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov.
Notice: If the position requires a Security Clearance, reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10
CFR 707.4 will be conducted by the employer and a background investigation by the Federal government may be required
to obtain an access authorization prior to employment and subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, a counterintelligence
evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron