Junior researcher at Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Russia and PhD student at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine.
(Information collected in December 2018)
My current research is about process of fullerene clusterization in N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone/toluene mixtures. Fullerenes have been extensively used for several biomedical applications including tumor research, inhibition of cancer cells, allergic response, antioxidant activity etc. NMP is a good solvent for fullerenes and is miscible with water, it can be used for fullerene transfer into aqueous media. The aim of research is to clarify the process of clusterization and formation of donor-acceptor complexes between fullerene and NMP molecules.
I started working in the Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics at JINR about 5 years ago to write my master's thesis, and now I continue as a PhD student.
2009 – 2015: Master of Science – Molecular Physics at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
2014 – 2015: Engineer at Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics, JINR.
2015 – till now: PhD student at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
Junior researcher at Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics, JINR.
1. T.V. Nagorna, O.A. Kyzyma, D. Chudoba et al, Journal of Molecular Liquids 2017, Vol. 235 pp. 111-114. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2016.12.017
2. T. Nagorna, M. Kuzmenko, O. Kyzyma et al, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2018, Vol. 272, pp. 948-952. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2018.10.110
3. T.V. Nagorna, O.A. Kyzyma, L.A. Bulavin et al, Journal of Surface Investigation. X-ray, Synchrotron and Neutron Techniques, 2018, Vol. 12, No 5, pp. 872-876. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0207352818090068
4. L. A. Bulavin, T. V. Nagorna, O. A. Kyzyma et al, Ukrainian Journal of Physics, 2018, Vol. 63, No 2, pp. 116-120. https://doi.org/10.15407/ujpe63.2.116
5. L. A. Bulavin, T. V. Nagorna, D. Chudoba et al, Nuclear Physics and Atomic Energy, 2018 Vol. 19 No. 3, pp. 252-257. https://doi.org/10.15407/jnpae2018.03.252
6. M. Sliwinska-Bartkowiak, T. Nagorna, D. Neov et al, Journal of Molecular Liquids (in progress)
I often notice that colleagues do not take me seriously. It seems they firstly notice only attractive appearance, but after conversation the situation usually changes.
Previously, my time was planned by the hour: part of the time was devoted to learning, part to family and friends. Now I cannot say how much time I spend at work, because even while resting, I think about it. Work seems to become a lifestyle when you are completely immersed in ideas about interpretations.
My mentor and greatest inspiration is my supervisor Dorota Chudoba. She is the example of successful and purposeful woman, the only one who managed to occupy a leadership position in our laboratory. Her talent is organizing people and creating a friendly environment around. She always provides me a support and encourages to carry on with my research. Thanks to her, I attended many conferences and made dozens of reports. Under Dr. Chudoba’s guidance, I did my master’s thesis and going to defend PhD thesis.
I would like to join to neutron studying of condensed matter, and I'd like to work in leading neutron center to have more possibilities for better research realization.
Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics
141980 Dubna, Moscow region, Russia
Tel: (7-496-21) 65-504