Source: Mantid Project
The Mantid project provides a framework that supports high-performance computing and visualisation of materials science data. It has been created to manipulate and analyse neutron scattering and muon spectroscopy data, but could be applied to many other techniques. The framework is open source and supported on multiple target platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac).
Version 6.0.0 is the first release only featuring MantidWorkbench
The last release of MantidPlot was version 5.1.1.
This release welcomes some minor features to make Workbench feature complete, including migrating the Step Scan interface and allowing control of InstrumentViewer from Python.
Other highlights include:
- ISIS Reflectometry allows runs to be excluded or annotated
- Further plot settings, including tick customisation and axis autoscaling
- Upgraded support for ILL instruments D1B, D2B, D20 and IN16B
- Several improvements to SliceViewer and diffraction fitting, including the reliability of BackToBackExponential
- Muon and Frequency Domain Analysis support multiple runs with the co-add option
These are just some of the many improvements in this release, so please take a look at the release notes, which are filled with details of the important changes and improvements in many areas. The development team has put a great effort into making all of these improvements within Mantid, and would like to thank all of their beta testers for their time and effort helping to make this another reliable version of Mantid.
Installation packages can be found on the download page, which now links to sourceforge to mirror our download files around the world, you can also access the source code on the GitHub release page.