The Neutron Scattering Society of America requests formal nominations of Candidates for the 2016 NSSA Prizes and of Candidates to be elected as NSSA Fellows. The deadline for all nominations is December 8, 2015. Instructions for submission can be found at http://neutronscattering.org/prizes/overview/
NOTE: Previous, unsuccessful nominations are NOT carried forward to this call for nominations. All previously unsuccessful nominations need to be resubmitted.
The NSSA awards the following prizes on a biannual basis:
- The Clifford G. Shull Prize: To recognize outstanding research in neutron science and leadership in promoting the North American scattering community.
- The NSSA Sustained Research Prize: To recognize a sustained contribution to a scientific subfield using neutron scattering techniques, or a sustained contribution to the development of neutron scattering techniques.
- The NSSA Science Prize: To recognize a major scientific accomplishment or important scientific contribution within the last 5 years using neutron scattering techniques.
- The NSSA Student Prizes: To recognize outstanding accomplishments in the general area of neutron scattering by graduate or undergraduate students.
- NSSA Fellows: To recognize members who have made significant contributions to the neutron scattering community in North America.